Friday, September 21, 2012

Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon

 

I love green beans. I do. After asparagus and potatoes, my favorite veggie. I keep bags of frozen green beans on hand in my pantry, wait I mean in my freezer. I love them sauteed. Or with new potatoes and boiled in broth. Here's a quick little way to serve up some killer green beans thats lightening fast and tastes so good. Sorry I didn't get the ingredients photographed for you. I just forgot. I'm still learning ! Give me credit. It's hard to remember to stop and take a picture of each step. Too hard. Sometimes it slips my mind. A whole lot slips my mind but I just blame it on being an artist.​

Ingredients:​

1 bag frozen green beans​
​2 slices chopped raw hickory smoked bacon
1 tsp minced garlic​
​1/2 tsp salt, and coarse ground black pepper
​1 tbsp. Light soy sauce
​Get out a nice iron skillet, and heat it up. Add your chopped bacon and saute until nice and crispy. Throw in the garlic, and keep stirring while your beans get nice and thawed and really green. Add the salt and pepper. At this point they should just begin wilting a tad. Not much. I like them to keep the crunch. Pour in soy sauce and cook another 2 mins. This will smoke, keep stirring. Delicious . I also do broccoli this way and its great as well. Here's how it looks plated! Let me know what you think of this recipe! It's yummmy!!! If you like this please hit the share button. Don't forget to enter the contest on FaceBook! Happy weekend ya'll

 

No comments:

Post a Comment