Friday, September 7, 2012

Cheating Cheesy Grits Recipe the Easy Way


I'm a sucker for cheesy grits. I adore them. My mom always made them for me for breakfast and they were my favorite. Back in those days we didn't have a toaster but she made me cheese toast to go with my cheesy grits. Yes, We love us some cheese in our family. Besides it was not expensive and filling. Give a single mom a break ya'll!. I loved the way she put the american cheese slice on the bread and then used the broiler. That cheese toast was at its perfection when it blew up like a balloon dome and got kinda all brownly toasted. Ummm so good. ​Then you could peel back the top layer and eat the melty inside too.
Well today I've been as busy as a bee in a tar bucket and realized I haven't eaten. The problem was solved easily and quickly by deciding for cheesy grits. Things don't always have to be so complicated, you know? Sometimes the best things are the simplest ones. ​

Ingredients:​

2 packs instant grits, plain that artificial flavored stuff is for the birds​
1 cup water, I use it hot out of my dispenser​
1/4 mexican cheese blend grated
hunk of chipotle smoked gouda cut into little pieces​
1 american cheese single
salt, pepper, tonys​
​Get your bowl, a nice size one cause this is a lunch portion. Open up your grits and pour them in, add your cheeses. If you have those real bacon bits they are great too, or add green onions or jalapenos, the sky is the limit. I wouldn't do black olives tho- that would just be nasty. Pour in the water, pop in the microwave, cover and give it a minute. Stir and season. Presto. You just made yourself some gourmet cheesy grits. You could even fool your guests by doing this in a big casserole dish and adjusting the measurements. Top with cheese and green onions, sprinkle paprika and parsley on top and you are now the southern MIss Martha Stewart. Of course real grits are much better but it's all about thinking out of the box and having a well stocked pantry girls. Seriously. You Can doooo this. Say it out loud, You CAN Dewww this. Have a great weekend. I'm bout to go shop for some pretty little bowls or something like that.

Lots of Love to my SassyBelles! Try this for breakfast! ​And of course as always, I appreciate you helping me get the word out. Share this post often and frequently.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment