Thursday, October 11, 2012

Salsa and Cream Cheese Dip - game day snack!


So it's football season again! Lots of fun games this weekend. LSU, Rebels, ULM beating Arkansas, high school football. Oh it's all football this time of year around our house. So Saturday we needed a quick treat while watching the game. Ok, so while hubby was watching the game. I went on the patio with my super pups to get away for a bit. I had been working on cooking like a monsoon for the weekend. I did, dishes everywhere but we ate good. Sometimes you don't have time to make a huge snack. This is a ​super simple family favorite my youngest daughter lovingly refers to as "Bird Dip" more into why later. Anyway unless you are making it for breast cancer awareness month the pink tone isn't that fabulous. It tastes great tho.
I do apologize, hubs was starved and I didn't have time to snap the ingredients but its so simple you truly can't mess this one up.

Ingredients:

1 block cream cheese ( low fat works as well as regular)​
1 jar of salsa, any kind you like but tomato based ( I use Pace's medium)​
1 bag of corn chips to accompany.​

DIRECTIONS:

Now just soften the cream cheese, pour in about 3/4s of a regular jar of chunky salsa, and take your potato masher or a fork and smush it up until its mixed with kind of chunky pieces of cheese that resemble ​hunks of cream cheese. Then eat it. Just that simple.





My loving youngest daughter Rebekah named this Bird dip because it's so ugly she said it looks like something a bird would feed it's babies out of her throat. That doesn't stop her or any of us from eating it though! You really should try it though it's delicious. Simple, easy, one -two-three. I always laugh when I fix this for company because you have to coax them to take the first bite then you have to beat them away with a stick.

​I appreciate all my new followers being so patient and encouraging with me. I've had to learn a a lot in a short time. Please thank my hubby because now it takes twice as long for me to cook while I snap picture after picture with my new Nikon D5100 . Hubby and my mom went in and helped me get this fabulous camera. Now I'm working on my photography skills . Hopefully I'm getting better. Ya'll have a great week! Keep up the Sass! Big hugs!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment