Sunday, September 30, 2012

BBQ chopped beef sandwiches


 
Now if you are lucky you had enough roast leftover for another meal. We had plenty of roast but ​not much gravy for po-boys. The men and the ladies loved that gravy! So I decided we should not let the roast go to waste. I had just enough left to make us some bbq sandwiches for supper! Woot! I love easy meals. My mom always made us BBQ sandwiches as kids, and I still love them even today. So this isn't really a recipe per say. It's just thinking smart. If you don't want to eat it right away, make up the bbq chopped beef with the sauce and freeze it for later. It works just fine. We opted to have a chill night and watch the Voice! Sometime simple just works! Here's how I made my sandwiches!


All you need is some BBQ sauce, your roast, and a little water. Just chop your roast up pretty good. . Add it to a pot with about 1/2 cup of water and pour in that BBQ sauce. I go for it! At least 1 cup maybe 2. I put a lid on and let it come to a boil then lower the heat and simmer the meat in the sauce about 15 mins on the lowest heat. It's ready. Just pop it on a warm bun and open up the tater chips! ​A simple quick meal - much better than hitting up the drive thru! It's Sassy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment