Thursday, August 23, 2012

What is your favorite spice?


​I'll be showing you my collections of spices as soon as I'm not too shy to let you in my spice cabinets. Yes, I said cabinets. 2 of them chocked full to the brim. You will find several different types of salts, seasonings, vinegars, herbs --the works. But one of my favorites of all time is smoked paprika. Yes mam, smoked paprika! It imparts a wonderful earthy smoke and a brilliant color. I use it on roasted potatoes, chicken, in mexican food, in soup. On rib rub, it makes a wonderful smokey color and taste that is beyond unbelievable. So when you see this little bottle go ahead and splurge. Smoked Paprika. It's the bomb. I love it. Can't do without it. Definitely one of my favs of all time. YUMMM. Try it


This is taken from the McCormick's site

Paprika, Smoked

Spanish sweet red peppers are naturally smoked over wood planks to obtain its distinctive smoky taste. For great color and flavor, use in recipes for chicken, fish, pork, potatoes and rice.

Usage Tips

Sprinkle or rub over chicken or fish before cooking; add small amount to soups, stews and sauces. For a deep, smoky paprika flavor sprinkle on deviled eggs and spiced nuts.


Contains

PAPRIKA AND SILICON DIOXIDE (ADDED TO MAKE FREE FLOWING).


Available Size

1.62oz. UPC 5210044339


Nutritional Information

This product has no significant nutritional value.


Recommended Spice Life

2 years

No comments:

Post a Comment