Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bacon & Egg Breakfast Panini


​This morning with the storm I decided to fix us something warm using what I could find in the fridge. Here's what I did. Grabbed the sourdough bread and cut four nice sandwich size hunks. Fried up 4 pieces of bacon, all sliced in half. Drain well. Then I fried 2 eggs, cooked quite well not runny. Drain on paper towels. Grab the bread, the grill pan and my olive oil spread. Butter the 4 pieces. Grab some cheddar cheese singles, then some Mexican blend cheese. Make yourself a panini girl! Or Boy ! ;) Heat the grill pan up on medium heat. I put my bacon on bottom, then my fried egg ( salt and pepper them ) then I loaded up my cheese. Then flipped it all into the pan so the cheese was on bottom. Grill em up quickly like a grilled cheese and get some good ole' sear marks. We are still kinda sad around here about Granny so we are eating lots of comfort food. I know unhealthy, we will get back to healthy soon. But right now we want comfort so we comfort.

Ingredients

4 slices thick artisan bread​ spread with olive oil spread ( or butter)
4 slices bacon, halved fried and drained​
2 fried eggs,​
2 ​slices sharp cheddar
1/4 cup mexican blend white cheese​
salt & pepper


 

No comments:

Post a Comment